Help us by donating onlineDonate
Find us on Facebook
Personal support is at the heart of everything we do at Krunch SW. We recognise that every individual is unique and requires a support programme designed around their needs. Krunch SW keyworkers are trained to identify issues that prevent the young person from achieving their full potential and help to discover strategies for positive outcomes in their personal and educational lives.
We set targets which are regularly reviewed, and agree a reporting structure that suits the referring agency.
- One to one sessions with experienced mentors who are skilled at building trusting relationships with young people in a confidential manner.
- Supporting young people to work through difficult issues which are barriers to
learning and positive progression.
- Support with school work.
- Signposting young people to positive activities, support and opportunities outside of school.
- Regular communication with the referring agency and attendance at multi-agency meetings when necessary in the best interests of the young person.
- A bespoke mentoring package for an individual could involve their participation in other Krunch SW services, if applicable.
- Young people 9 to 19 years whose rate of learning and/or level of motivation is suffering because of behavioural, social and emotional issues.
- Those who have been excluded or are at risk of exclusion.
- Young people who need confidential support for personal issues of any kind.
- Children and young people whose emotional health and wellbeing needs a boost.
Length of Sessions
- Sessions can last between 1 and 2 hours depending on the needs of the young person and mentor availability.
- Minimum 8 week programme recommended.
- Sessions can be at the Krunch youth centre, at the referring agency premises or in the community.
- We set targets and review them regularly and agree a reporting structure that suits the referring agency.